Winter: A season of cold. A season of dark days. A season when you don’t like to wake up early.
It is a season when the days are smaller than in summer. With this, do you know what happens? You are not completing your sleep and your whole day goes under stress. And this is the reason most people like to meditate in winter. Mental health and meditation experts also suggest doing such activities to get the benefits of meditation.
Yes, winter is also described as the best time for meditation, yoga, and workout. Meditation is a great technique to include in your daily routine, especially when you’re feeling down. Meditation is not only useful for relaxation, but it also helps in physical and mental illness. Overall, you give peace to your mind and body.
Science is also proven the health benefits of meditation. According to scientific research – meditation is used to help with addiction, sadness, anxiety, stress, cognitive function, and eating problems.
You can also include meditation at least for the winter seasons and get all the benefits. Because
Winter is not a season, it is a season of celebration.
What is the Best Time to Meditate?
Any doubt. Yes, you can find morning time for meditation. But, as you search deeply Winter meditation is the best time to meditate.
A winter meditation practice can help to harmonize your inner process. Few minutes of practice, you can align yourself with nature’s current state of rest. This practice gives you warmth as it is morning/ evening or winter/ summer.
There are some basic types of meditation that you can do in winter.
Breath Temperature Meditation
In the cold, becoming attentive to the warmth your own body produces can be both soothing and grounding.
And what is the procedure for it? The simple answer is to focus on the temperature of the air that enters and leaves your body.
How to do this type of meditation? You can do this in any position – by sitting or sleeping. Each position allows you to focus on the sensations of your breath. Just take a deep breath and focus your mind on your nose, mouth, and throat.
Torso Body Scan with Kidney Focus
Paying attention to the feelings in your torso provides amazing heat to your body.
How to do this type of meditation? To scan a seated torso body, feel your breath move to the lower belly and open the sensations there receptively. Slowly move the torso through breathing and sensory awakening. Place one or both hands on the region where you are focused on the awareness to increase the sense and warm experience. Feel the warmth where your hands meet your torso and send warm energy inward with your hands.
Hot Tea Meditation
To refresh your mind, you need tea or coffee. Everyone likes to drink hot tea in the morning and afternoon.
It’s a warming and centering technique to drink hot tea.
Do you know when hot tea meditation is invented? In the 12th century, After tea arrived from China, Zen Buddhists developed a hot tea meditation ceremony.
In Japan, the Hot tea meditation ceremony is also known as Chanoyu or the Way of Tea.
You can also enjoy tea meditation in your way by bringing mindfulness to every movement and stage of making and drinking tea. You can prepare tea for yourself or with a friend and try hot tea meditation.
One thing you can also add to this meditation. And that is Meditation Music. There are lots of applications and YouTube channels available online to use. For Example, You can use “Wellheal” to play relaxation music in the background.
What are the Benefits of meditation in winter?
Meditation can be done at any time and anywhere. But the thing is, everyone’s technique is different. Sometimes what happens? Some exercises work for someone, and those same exercises don’t work for you. As a result, if you’re new to meditation, pay attention to your body.
A common meditation that anyone can do is mindfulness meditation. It is one of the highly recommended meditation types. Because it decreases all your negative thoughts, improves your mood, and helps in stress management. And the most amazing thing is you can use the technique anytime throughout your day.
“The goal of mediation is not to get rid of thoughts or emotions. The goal is to become more aware of your thoughts and emotions and learn how to move through them without getting stuck.” – Dr. P Goldin
Meditation is a skill that you can increase through practice. The more you practice, the more skills you develop. Don’t be over-practice. Start slowly and practice in a short meditation session. Here are some benefits of meditation – you will get it in winter.
25 Benefits of Meditation
1. According to research, meditation lowers cortisol levels and the stress hormone. Decreases in cortisol can help with general stress, anxiety, and depression.
2. According to health coach Traci Shoblom, “Meditation is truly the best and transportable anti-anxiety therapy.” So, for a while, close your eyes and start breathing. All your worries will go away in a few minutes.
3. You know about the “me factor” and “fear factor”. These factors cause depression symptoms. Research suggests that meditation can change mental health conditions and ease depression. People who meditate have more cognitive capacity in their brains region, which is crucial for memory.
4. What is the positive impact of meditation? Meditation is good for heart relief. It is beneficial for heart muscle function and cardiovascular mortality.
5. High blood pressure affects around 30% of people in the United States and is considered a worldwide pandemic that increases the risk of stroke and heart attack. Meditation has the potential to lower blood pressure naturally
6. When your mind is racing with so many thoughts at once, it’s difficult to focus on work. Meditation clears your mind, boosts your concentration, and allows you to focus on what you have to do.
7. We all get stuck in traffic or boring meetings and can’t wait to cross it. So Practicing meditation and mindfulness helps you to build your inner strength.
8. According to research, a short period of meditation can improve pain tolerance and lessen pain-related anxiety. Because meditation connects parts of the brain associated with the pain process, mindful breathing can help patients manage chronic pain.
9. Meditation includes balancing your life. And this balance is important for mental health and well-being.
10. It boosts your mental performance. So, by being more relaxed, you can improve your sleeping, attention, understanding, performance, and productivity.
11. Many of us go through the day with a constant dialogue running through our minds. You’ll become more in tune with your body. Meditation facilitates a direct experience or wordless experience of pure sensation. This lets you learn to check in with the body.
12. Meditation calms the mind and reduces stress, allowing you to feel better about yourself and the decisions you make.
13. What are the Physical Benefits of Meditation? Combining yoga, tai chi, or casual walks (mostly winter) with meditation increases your mind’s presence, which expands your physical activity. So it gives you motivation and encouragement to get up and move.
14. Concentrating on your meditation practice can help you achieve mental stability, peace of mind, and self-acceptance. It will make you self-confident.
15. What does research suggest about meditation? According to research published in the Journal of Cognitive Enhancement, daily mindfulness meditation might halt and repair brain age. When you focus on your breathing during meditation, you also stimulate the brain, which keeps your brain young.
16. Meditation boosts prefrontal cortex activation, which governs emotion and attention while decreasing activity in the brain, which controls fear. So, You will feel more alert.
17. Meditation boosts your metabolic system. It will certainly encourage you to exercise more or practice yoga or other fitness.
18. Meditation releases endorphins, which lowers cortisol levels, making you feel happier and more energetic.
19. Want to lose weight? Meditation could support you in losing weight. Research has shown that meditation is related to a more conscious diet, increased metabolism, and higher energy levels. All these things would help you in losing weight.
20. Self-realization makes more impact on life. And meditation teaches you self-realization. With meditation, you can realize your truth and can make you complete.
21. Positive visualization enables you to imagine the desired end, create goals, and focus on obtaining them. Meditation can assist you in overcoming negative thoughts and motivating yourself to achieve your objectives.
22. We do not know what will happen to us all of a sudden. And at that point, we are unhappy or angry. And don’t know what to do !!! Here, meditation works for you and lets you harmonize with your reality.
23. Meditation improves the management of chronic conditions. Some chronic health disorders, such as arthritis, heart disease, high blood pressure, and others can be controlled and reduced by meditation.
24. Meditation can help you exercise more effectively. Regular meditation enhances energy and improves your mood and enhances your workout.
25. Do you know, What are the Benefits of Meditation On the Brain? Everyone wants to better themselves and improve their personalities. Meditation is an excellent technique for developing personality, problem-solving skills, communication, and interpersonal connections as well as strengthening innate leadership qualities.
How to Get the Benefits of Meditation?
I think, now there is no doubt that you can get the benefit of meditation in just one session. Regular practice of meditation is essential for realizing the benefits of meditation in daily life.
“The thing about meditation is: You become more and more you.” – David Lynch
The more stressful our lives seem, the more crucial meditation becomes. Try meditating in the morning before the chaos of the day begins. It only takes a few minutes out of your day, and if you make it a daily habit, meditation will become the best part of your day, allowing you to enjoy the rest of the day!!!
The benefits of meditation are as many as the techniques of meditation. And they all can significantly improve your life.
If anyone asks – How you will be happy, healthy, and live a peaceful life? What do you say? By winter exercise, or healthy food. No!!! Suggest the Winter meditation to them. And shows all the advantages of meditation.